I took my lunch to work in a mason jar; am I trendy yet? This pasta salad is a crowd-pleaser and can be served hot or cold. It’s easy to make, diet friendly, and certainly flavor packed. No matter where it’s served, my favorite pasta salad recipe is always a hit. Read on for the yummy details! Adapted from the Gimme Some Oven recipe seen here.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta – I used cavatappi
- 2 handfuls of fresh arugula
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 jar of your favorite pesto – I used sun-dried tomato
- minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh mozzarella
- onion powder
- balsamic glaze
- Boil pasta according to box al dente instructions with salt and olive oil in water, drain – do not rinse.
- Chop mozzarella into bite size cubes.
- Rinse and dry arugula.
- Lightly char red bell pepper on grill or grill pan – wash off charred sections before dicing.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, pesto, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, balsamic glaze until it resembles a smooth dressing.
- Toss arugula, mozzarella, dressing, pasta, and bell pepper together in bowl. Serve warm or chilled.
- If packing for work, pour dressing in container first, followed by pasta, bell pepper, mozzarella, then arugula.